Not all aircraft management services are alike. While most will offer the basic services you will need, there are those who go a bit above and beyond the basics. Before deciding which company to use, find out all you can about them–and if they are able to provide what you want, instead of you having to settle for the standard services they offer. Remember, you have choices. And it is important to explore all of them before signing any agreements.
Things to Keep in Mind as You Search for an Aircraft Management Company
* How long has the company been in business? Startup companies can give you good rates, but they won’t have the experience you may require.
* What services other than the basics do they offer? Some extras will cost a bit more, but if they are important to you to have, it will be a good investment. Aircraft ownership is not inexpensive, to say the least, and pinching pennies when it comes to upkeep and other services makes no sense. Of course, you do want to make sure you are getting a fair rate.
* Make a list of the services and options you IT Support London would like to have, along with a list of what you will not do without. This can help you narrow down the possibilities when deciding which company to use for your aircraft management needs.
* What are the qualifications of the staff they employ? All employees involved with your plane should be certified for whatever job it is they hold. Any company with less than complete professionals on their staff should not be used.
* What is their safety record? This is important, since the better the safety record, the safer your aircraft will be. Do a little digging and you will not regret it.
For the most part, the companies you are considering should have a record of their current and past clients, and what they have to say about the company in question. Ask for referrals before making your decision to be sure you will have the best experience possible.
Facilities and Services to Consider When Making Your Decision
* Heated hangar space
* Insurance against accident or other problems which may occur at competitive rates
* Supplemental or regular staffing availability such as flight crew that are fully trained and rated
* Dispatch services and flight schedule access for aircraft owners
There may be cases where you will want to make your aircraft available for charter services through the management company. Full accounting disclosure and the highest rate for aircraft owners would be necessary to look for in this endeavor. Choosing an aircraft management service that has fully qualified pilots and flight teams to run the charter flight can actually help to defray the costs of ownership of the aircraft.
Since the aircraft itself can be such a large initial investment, it only makes sense to protect that investment with the right aircraft management services for your needs. The corporate owned services may seem like the best option, but for flexibility in working with plane owners, a smaller, dependable company is the best bet.